Private Test Prep
If you’re preparing for a standardized test, you’ve come to the right place. I have nearly a decade of experience in preparing students for tests like the ACT and the SAT. I’ve helped hundreds of students across thousands of hours of prep. I offer private test prep services for the following tests:
- College Entrance Exams, including the ACT and the SAT.
- Graduate School Entrance Exams, including the GRE, the GMAT, and the LSAT.
- Private School Entrance Exams, including the ISEE and the SSAT.
If you don’t see the test you’re prepping for here, that doesn’t mean I don’t tutor it! Please get in touch with me directly to inquire about tests or exams not listed here. Test prep sessions are $260 for a 1h45min session.
My Approach to Test Prep
I design each student’s program to be customized for them. That means that homework assignments, additional practice, reading materials, and recommended strategies are going to be different for every one of my students. That said, most private test prep programs look like this:
- A 30-minute Zoom consultation with you and your student. I’ll ask some questions to get to know you, learn about your goals and your obstacles, and start coming up with a study plan.
- Planning around a test date. We’ll decide when the best time for you to test is, have you register for the test, and plan backwards from there. We’ll also decide how many tests you should schedule.
- A short cognitive assessment. I like to hit the ground running by learning and practicing the best strategies for each student, so I gather information ahead of time in the form of an hour-long cognitive assessment. This tool helps me understand each student’s strengths and weaknesses so I can craft the best study plan for them.
- Regular one-on-one meetings. Based on your study plan and timetable, we’ll meet regularly and work through the curriculum I have prepared for you. I prefer to meet weekly for 1-hour-45-minute sessions ($260), but my recommendations may vary.
- Mid-program evaluations. We’ll have you take practice exams throughout your program. I am very data-driven, and I prefer to adjust my approach at least once a month with practice test data.
- Following up. After your first test, we’ll re-evaluate your study plan and decide if and when you should test again. We’ll revisit your goals, make any adjustments we need to make, and take it from there.
I use MindPrint Learning, the only K12 solution that uses objective cognitive data to teach students how they learn best and provides strategies personalized to my students' learning strengths and needs.
I'm Ready to Book
(1h 45m Private Sessions)
If we’ve spoken and have a plan for prep, then you can reserve some time on my calendar using the booking wizard below. If you have a coupon code, don’t forget to apply it on the last step of the checkout process.
Upon successful booking, you will receive an email confirming your time. That email will include a link to a private Zoom meeting room. Simply join the room to begin the session. You can download the latest version of Zoom from here if you need it.
Let's Talk First
(30-minute Zoom Consultation)
If you’re interested in private test prep sessions, we’ll start with a free 30-minute Zoom consultation. In this meeting, we’ll talk about academic goals, test goals, and how I can help. Use the scheduling wizard below to book a time to talk with me.
Upon successfully booking a time to talk, you will receive a Zoom link with our meeting information. Please bring any information you think would be helpful to our meeting (past test scores, doctor’s notes, academic transcripts, etc). Your student should also join us, if their schedule permits.